The People Avenue is the place to meet real people. As the name says: the focus of the group is on human beings, in all it's facets. We are a photography-ONLY group.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINESS
- ONLY submit photographs with PEOPLE as the main focus.
- Submissions must be of good quality and composition. WE GO FOR QUALITY INSTEAD OF QUANTITY! So, only submit your best
- - ALL PICTURES NEED A MINIMUM OF 600PX FOR THE NARROWEST SIDES. OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE DECLINED. (the reason? we can't judge them properly).
have a minimum px size of 600px for the narrowest sides.
- Photos are welcome in b/w and color, digital or analog.
- Extensive (dA) watermarks or disturbing elements in a photo are not acceptable. They will be declined for that reason. You can add our own signature instead on a non-disturbing place.
- Over-manipulated photographs are discouraged here. HDR, and similar darkroom techniques, diptych to multi-panel images and some textures are accepted as long as it looks photographic and realistic and embodies good quality, composition and artistry.
- We don’t like our Folders to be overflowed with numbers of similar pictures of one member. Therefore we only accept one (1) image in the same series of shots.
- Photographs that have less than 600px on any of the sides, may get more negative votes. It’s hard to judge such an image.
- Human silhouettes may acceptable IF it embodies good quality, composition, artistic feeling and aspiration.
How many photo’s are you allowed to submit?
- The main Folders: three (3) submissions per week.
- Suggestions to Favourites: two (2).
NOTE: Suggesting to Favourites must NOT be your own work. If so, it will be declined.
- All submissions need 3 positive votes before accepted and must be submitted into the correct folders.
Our main folders are:
This folder is for all pictures, that are made in a studio/studio performance/setting or for which someone has posed.
DA categories: Fashion, Glamour, Self-portraits, Classic, Emotive and Pin ups.
CHILDREN AND INFANTS
The legal definition of "child" generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority.
- Infants: babies, toddlers.
-Teenagers/Adolescents (not yet coming of age)
STREET PHOTOGRAPHY – PHOTOJOURNALISM – URBAN & RURAL PORTRAITS
This folder is for all photo’s that belongs in the following categories:
- Street Photography
- Urban and Rural Portraits
- (all accepted images will also be added to these sub-folders)
STREET PHOTOGRAPHY is NOT about streets. It's not about staged moments, people posing, friends acting cool in a back-alley.It's mostly about the correlations between humans and the environment. Between humans and other humans and other living creatures. How we function in society, how we stand, how we act, mainly how we act without being aware that we are being seen. Street photography heavily relies in the decisive moment. So timing = special.
More info here: Street Photography
PHOTOJOURNALISM: is a particular form of journalism (the collecting, editing, and presenting of news material for publication or broadcast) that creates images in order to tell a news story.
Urban and RURAL Portraits : NO images of buildings, rural/city environment without the focus on people.
CANDID STREET PORTRAITURE AND SPONTANEOUS PORTRAITS
Candid Street Portraiture is a sub-category of Street Photography.
Candid Street Portraiture: Working in the face of strangers, street portraiture pushes the boundaries of personal spaces and, for that matter, the photographer’s own comfort zone. It's all about candid shooting, getting in close to the subject with the subject unaware of the camera. The portrait can be just the face or whole body & all in between. Framing & composition are important but in a relaxed way. The best of these portraits capture emotions as the story of the subject unfolds before you.
Street portraits may not be widely accepted as street photography? I choose to disagree. I think street portraiture is one of the most powerful forms of street photographs, ever. Robinwong Source
Spontaneous Portraits: not posed, but not candid either. The person is aware of the camera.
(all accepted images will also be added to these sub-folders)
This folder is for:
- CONCEPTUAL: Contemporary artistic representations of a specific concept or idea.
Don’t forget that it MUST be People-related. Otherwise it will be declined.
What is not allowed:
- Images with big and intrusive watermarks (including the DA watermark). You can add your signature instead on a discret place.
- Blurry/out-of-focus/soft images.
- Cosplay, because the focus isn't on the people, but on the clothing.
- Images which are of snapshot quality.
- Horror, macabre and shocking images.
- Racism, hate or discrimination in any form.
- Embarrassing photo's of people.
- nudity in all forms.
- Suggesting to favorite must NOT be your own work. If so, it will be declined.
JOIN REQUESTS and WATCHING US
It would be great if you'd join us. Join-request are now automatically approved.
Of course you are also welcome to WATCH our group, if you like us and want to learn all about people photography, before you join us or you simply want to enjoy what's in our folders. Please do
If you have any further questions,
please send a note to the group or one of the Admins
The group icon was made by