Name: -José Calheiros
-Age: - Too old to say
-Residence: - Lisbon . Portugal
-Current profession: - Architect.
-Ever been in an art show/exhibition?
- Yes I did, several exhibitions of photography contests in Portugal and abroad and individual twice in Lisbon.
-Even been published before?
- I had the luck of being published in several magazines, exhibitions, catalogues and finely last year I published my first photography book called 'ADVERTISING
' It's a collection of photo's demonstrating the good and bad connections of public advertising on streets with the people.
- I work in full frame with my Nikon D800 with 14/24 (2.8), 24/70 (2.8) and 70/200 (2.8) and I won a small Fujifil X10. That is an amazing camera.
-What’s your favourite subject to photograph?
- No doubt, street and street and even street. I really like to walk around in the cities and feel what is going on and try to tell stories with my photos.
-Things that you’d like to photograph someday?
- Landscapes, because I think I'm not good in taking pictures of a landscape; I see the beauty of the nature, but my photos doesn't tell me what I saw or felt. The same with macro, I am a zero doing macro, but maybe one day I can do something interesting.
-Which is your favorite image of your own work, and why?
- For sure it's Friends
, my first DD.
It's a photo of 30 years ago or more,
but when I look at it I see real friendship and the great connexion of a man and his dog.
-How old were you when you began taking an interest in photography?
- When I was a little boy I took some photos and people told me that they were different, that I was able to capture feelings ... I never stopped since than.
-Have you ever been involved in commercial shoots or only personal projects?
- Most of my work is personal, but I also made several works for magazines, fashion, books for models, architecture and for sure they were all very interesting experiences.
-How much of the "real you" can the viewers identify in your photos, if they pay really close attention?
- I don't know if people see the "real me" but as I said before I always try to see with my feelings and to capture what happens around me. Maybe that's a little sad vision, but life is not easy and we live in a strange world.
-What must a photographer do to get more recognition?
- Not easy and not so important; the best is when you are glad with what you do, rather then people like it and think it's really great.
-Do you have any advice for beginning ‘people’-photographers among us?
- Yes I have, go out and take photos, see, smell, feel and shoot, try to catch life.
-How do you feel about this interview?
- This interview is a recognition of my work on DA. I was very surprised to be chosen and it's a great honor and if this will help just one person in some way, I'm happy.
Thank you so much to the crew of The People Avenue.
More people related art of José Calheiros:
Thank you *JACAC for sharing your art with us.
DO WANT TO BE THE NEXT FEATURED ARTIST OF THE MONTH?
Thank you so much for your time and don't forget to pay *JACAC a visit.
His amazing art deserves to be viewed
Please, spread the
about this article and these amazing artist.
***Keep in mind that our contest "Cultural TRADITIONS around the world" has begun! We are waiting for your entries! [link]
***Precious articles about our Featured Artists: